Saturday, May 21, 2011

Maybelline ExpertWear Eyes Mocha Motion


I picked up Maybelline's ExpertWear eye quad in Mocha Motion at WalMart the other day, only $4.99. I really wanted the Amethyst Smoke quad (pictured above, image courtesy Maybelline.com) but they didn't have it. I wasn't sure about these shades - I'm always hunting for good brown shades for a neutral eye but am never really happy with anything.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wore these shades today, minus the liner shade. I wore black gel liner instead. Although it looked ok, once again, I just wasn't bowled over with the colors. They're pretty, but they're just not me. I ought to just give up this quest for browns but I'm convinced there must be something out there I'll like.

I snapped a few pics of my eyes when I got home from work but it had just finished thunderstorming, and the sky was still pretty dark. Everything came out blurry, and I didn't bother with inside pics. Sorry!

I used TFSI underneath and the colors stayed on really nicely. The base color is a creamy white shade but not quite right on me. I can't put my finger on why, it just wasn't it. The lid color actually surprised me, not bad at all. I didn't like the liner shade, it had an almost green tinge to it.

I do like the idea of the trios and quads, it makes it easy when you don't want to have to think about your shadow and putting together a combo. They're inexpensive and decent quality, so I'll keep my eyes open for the Amethyst quad.

1 comment: