Thursday, May 26, 2011

Maybelline ExpertWear Eyes Amethyst Smokes and Velvet Crush swatch

I picked up two more Maybelline ExpertWear Eyes quads at Ulta the other day, $4.99 each.


Photobucket

Here's the Amethyst Smoke swatches

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The base color is white, shimmery, and not chalky looking on my skin.

The lid color is hard to describe. It reminds me of an old pigment color but I can't think of the name, maybe Cocoa Mauve or something like that? It's a reddish/violet base with blue peeking through, and I swear I see bits of green in there. I'm not sure I like it. I think it's too dark for a lid color, but did use it as a crease color and was satisfied with it.

The crease color is a smokey grey purple, more matte

The liner is a plain old black shade. There was a lot of sparkle in it in the pan, but this didn't show up on my skin :(


and here's the Velvet Crush swatches

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The base color is a very light pinkish white, shimmery and pretty.

The lid color is a lovely soft purple shade. I wore it on my lids and it made my eyes look incredibly blue, which was strange! Purple usually enhances my green eyes, but like many green eyed people, my eyes can appear more blue or even grey based on my mood, how I'm feeling, or what I'm wearing. But this made my eyes look distinctly blue, and a pretty shade of blue to boot!

The crease color is a mid toned mauve, slightly shimmery, nice finish.

The liner is a charcoal grey/purple, slightly shimmery, nice finish as well.

While I thought I'd really like the Amethyst Smoke quad, it didn't thrill me. The Velvet Crush shades were a pleasant surprise, so I'm glad I picked it up.

2 comments:

  1. The lid color in Amethyst Smokes is actually a really fascinating color. I'm glad you took a few picture of it to get the full effect. I'm not sure if I would use it all over as on my pale skin it may look like I had two black eyes, but it would definitely be fabulous as a definer! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely not what it appears in the pan! It would work for a liner, or the crease.

    ReplyDelete