Friday, May 27, 2011

Illamasqua Sob and Urban Decay Quickie swatches

Since I've only recently returned to the world of blush, I don't have many to show you. Here's Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Sob and Urban Decay Afterglow Glide on Cheek Tint in Quickie.

Please note I ordered the Illamasqua direct, so after a trip across the ocean and sitting in my hot mailbox all day, it looks kinda oily. This didn't affect the product though, and has happened with various other cosmetics that have come a long way or been delivered on a crazy hot day. I could've used a stock photo so people wouldn't look at it and go "ewwww!" but let's face it, this kinda stuff happens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I really wanted Illamasqua's Sob, but Sephora doesn't have it on their website. They do have some Illamasqua, but not all the shades for the items the do carry. ☹ I ordered it direct, along with a new Cream Foundation and Rich Liquid in shade 115, since Sephora doesn't have that either. I did email Sephora's CS, saying I'd love to see it in the future. I got a "form letter" email response that said Sephora carries "thousands of products", and I should "contact an associate for assistance" finding a different product. Thanks, but I don't want a different product.....

I did take advantage of a 20% off sale, so the discount pretty much covered the shipping fees. I'm glad I ordered it, because I love it! It's a "cool candy pink, dewy finish" according to Illamasqua's website. It's really pretty on. I like the cool pink, it seems when I find a nice pink shade that I like it leans warm, which isn't quite right on me. This one is wonderful!

Urban Decay's Quickie - I bought this at Ulta a month or two back. It's a "light pink" shade, which is a tad warmer compared to the Sob. It's nice, but just a bit off for me. I don't think of this one as a cheek tint - it's very similar in feel / weight / coverage (does that make sense?) to the Illamasqua Cream Blusher. I think of a tint as more sheer, more similar to a stain and less like a blush.

I hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. I think they're both pretty. I have a powder version of Quickie and it's nice :)

    ReplyDelete