Saturday, May 7, 2011

Illamasqua LF115 and LF120 swatches

Photobucket

I wanted to compare Illamasqua's Light Liquid foundation shades LF115 and LF120 for you. The swatches comparing LF120 and Cream CF120 can be found here.

Please note that my "no flash" pictures show my true skin, whereas with the flash it's off. I haven't figured out why!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I smeared the blobs with a non-latex sponge, and snapped the pictures. You can see both on my skin, but the LF115 is a much better match right from the start.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I usually allow 15 minutes or so for the foundation to settle in - you know, the dreaded oxidation! The LF115 is a good match for me. In person it is slightly off, a faint yellow tinge to it, but I use that to counteract redness.

I drew black eyeliner boxes around the foundation because by this time it was getting harder to see the LF115.


Photobucket

Photobucket

The 120 would actually be doable, worn very sheerly. It's not what I'd call a perfect match, but honestly, this is far better than most drugstore brands, and considerably better than many other foundations I've tried. If I didn't have the RF105 / CF110 and the 115 shades to use, I'd settle for the 120. But luckily I don't have to settle!

I hope you've found these pictures helpful. Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. 115 is fantastic.

    Sephora doesn't carry it, so I sent them an email about it. I received a "form letter" reply, saying that they carry hundreds of other brands and that I should contact an associate to assist me in finding another shade in a different brand. Uh, no, thanks, I'll just order it direct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS! This helps a lot. I'm researching shades for an upcoming post on pale skin foundation. It's hard to find a color match for pale skin. I love your blog and am now following. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found it useful. Check out Illamasqua's 105 and 110 shades too, they're great options!

    ReplyDelete