Saturday, May 7, 2011

Illamasqua CF110, CF115, and CF120 swatches

I wanted to compare these three shades for you.

Photobucket

I used CF110 through most of the winter months, and shockingly used the whole container. The one in the picture is a new one (well, used a couple of times). The CF115 in the middle is the first one, which I'm using more and more as the weather warms up and everyone around me gets tan. This shade is a good match for me, just slightly yellow, but that helps counteract redness for me. It also gives me just a hint of color without being obviously off.

Please keep in mind my "no flash" pictures are the most accurate. The flash makes me look weird.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was snapping pictures as quickly as I could on a slightly overcast day, so the sun kept going in and out. After about 15 minutes I realized the CF110 had all but disappeared, so I put on a second application to take the rest of the pictures. It's really not fair to that shade, but if I hadn't reapplied you wouldn't see anything.

I also drew the black eyeliner boxes around the shades so you could really see the shades more clearly.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pictures of LF115 vs LF120 can be found here, and pictures of LF120 and CF120 can be found here.

I hope you've found these pictures helpful. Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. C115 looks awesome :) CF110 looks like it's perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that Illamasqua went as pale as CF110- no yellow, hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the RL foundation but I don't know what shade to get. I bought the CF155 but it is too light for me (usually foundations are too dark so I wasn't expecting it to be too light). Is the CF115 lighter than the RF155, or are they the same? I'm very pale but I have strong yellow undertones, I don't know if I should try the 133 or the 135, I think they will be too dark. Do you know how the RF155 compares to NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia? I'd be incredibly grateful if you could do a swatch comparison of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madeline, you mention CF155 and RF155, but I don't see these numbers in Illamasqua's products. I'd be happy to swatch whichever you need for comparision, but want to make sure I'm doing the right ones.

    I have CF110, which is white with pink undertones, lighter than CF115.
    I also have CF120, light skin w/pink undertones which is darker than CF115. CF120 is the darkest I have, which is too dark on me, but I'm quite fair.

    Siberia is more yellow tinged on my skin, even though it's supposed to be a neutral balance of pink & yellow undertones.

    The Illamasqua is definitely the lightest shades I've come across. When you put them on, give them a good 15 minutes to absorb because the color may change. When I put on the CF110 it looks very white, but within 10-15 minutes it blends right in and is a perfect match.

    Let me know which Illamasqua shade and I'll get comparision swatches up for you asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my mistake, sorry, that will teach me for typing quickly lol. I meant CF115 and RF115. I'd be incredibly grateful if you could swatch compare the CF115 with the RF115 and the RF115 with NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia.

    Siberia is an almost perfect colour match for me but I really dislike the foundation and the way it sits on my skin. It seems that most very light foundations have pink undertones which look horrible on my skin. Trying to find a colour match is a nightmare. I hope I can find an Illamasqua shade that works. Thank you so much for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No problem, just wanted to double check! I should be able to get these swatches done tomorrow in the afternoon, and then post them for you.

    I agree, finding a match can be very difficult. It's nice to see more brands offering a greater variety of shades.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Madeline, I'll have these swatches posted for you later on tonight, as a new post.

    ReplyDelete