Monday, March 21, 2011

Morgana Cryptoria Lipstick swatches

Photobucket

I ordered 16 lipstick samples and one full size recently. Most of them are 2011 shades, but a few older ones are mixed in. I'll swatch them a handful at a time for you. Lipsticks are best swatched on lips - but with so many to do, it'll take me forever. I've done them on my arm to simplify it. You can easily see my skin and hopefully that will allow you to determine how the lipstick will look on you.

If you haven't already, please read Melissa's info about her lipsticks here. It seems a few shades that are marked vegan are not, which she found out about from her supplier. There are also some blue lipstick shades that she is recalling due to an ingredient not being approved by the FDA as lip safe in the US. I appreciate her posting this information so anyone who has purchased these few affected shades can exchange them.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Morgana's color descriptions:

Azalea Blue - azalea with a blue sheen (not a 2011 shade)

Sangria - cool toned rose with a hint of purple (not a 2011 shade)

Dianthus - pink with a sheen that shifts pink to silvery green

Very Strawberry - pinkish red with subtle metallic highlights. Strawberry scented.

Roses & Violets - light pink with a violet sheen

Guilded Cerise - vivid red-pink with a gold sheen

I love the samples packed in clamshells. I'm not a fan of them for shadows, but they work well for lipsticks. I was able to easily get the product on a brush and sweep it on. Love this!

Hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

  1. I think you've just about convinced me to get Very Strawberry and Rose and Violets. My issue is just getting enough samples to fill the $15 minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have more swatches coming - maybe they'll help you get the minimum order?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty!
    Thanks a lot for the swatches, can't wait to see the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like GC, thaks for the swatches :)

    ReplyDelete