Saturday, March 19, 2011

Detrivore swatches

My small Detrivore order arrived mid week. I finally had a little time and sunshine this afternoon to get some swatches done. I'll post the first 8 shades here.

All of these shades can be found under the Original Collection option (under eyeshadows) on their site.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Detrivore's color descriptions, and my thoughts underneath in italics.

Contamination - a light brown shade.
This reminds me of a light cinnamon. A bit outside my normal range, but good for a neutral look paired with some of my favorites.

Shroud - sparkly silver glitter color
This looks incredible sparkly in person, really great color. I think I'll get a lot of use out of this one.

Cremains - dark silver glitter color
Shroud's darker sister perhaps, but not too many shades darker, great for a smokey eye.

Livor Mortis
- dark purple black shade
This is much prettier in person. Looks more black inside but super dark plum outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Saprophyte - Saprophyte is a light purplish-blue shade with pink, blue, and purple shimmer. This color has been reformulated to improve the texture and color. This color now contains carmine.
I'm not a blue girl but this is a really pretty shade. Light but not wimpy.

Lifeless - Lifeless is a bright blue eye shadow. This color has been reformulated to be brighter and more shimmery.
If this shade doesn't have Phyrra written all over it, I don't know what does.

Dormant
- Dormant is a deep blueish purple with heavy pink shimmer
Again, I'm not a blue girl but I'd wear this paired up with something to bring out the purple side of it. Nice shimmer to it. I don't see this under any of the eyeshadow categories. But if you google it, it'll show up.

Ancient - Ancient is a dark purple color, because you can never have enough purple.
I totally agree with that. And it's a fantastic shade of purple too!!

I have 9 more shades to follow, all pinks & purples. I'll have those posted for you tomorrow night, I hope.

I'm never really sure about my swatches. I don't know if you really need or want 4 of each, but I think they can look different inside versus out. The flash sometimes washes out the color a bit, but shows off the shimmer better than without. I hope you've found them helpful.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Those blue shades would be perfect on you Phyrra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the first set. Anything black I love....

    ReplyDelete