Sunday, March 20, 2011

Detrivore Swatches - pinks & purples

More Detrivore swatches, this time pink & purple shades.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Detrivore's color descriptions, my thoughts underneath in italics

Sordid - pale pink with violet and red highlights.
Sort of a dusty rose color, nice finish.


Swine - pale pink shadow. This eye shadow is one of our few pinks that does not contain carmine.
Like a baby pink piglet!

Malady - soft light pink shimmery satin
This is my favorite of the pinks I ordered. It's very shimmery in person, the pics don't do it justice.


Weaponry - pinkish purple color. This color has been reformulated because it contained pops micas. Now the color is richer and has much more shimmer.This eye shadow does contain carmine.
This seems warmer on me than the other shades, but really pretty.

Sexualis - bright pink color.
Vivid, nice shimmer, almost metallic on me.

And now the purples! They look much more purple without the flash, more berry/purple with it on. This is why I do multiple photos - these pics were not altered (other than cropping/shrinking/adding text, I mean. I didn't change the color on any of them) but you can see how different they can look in different lighting.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dagon - bright purple eye shadow. It is also a short story by H. P. Lovecraft. This color was reformulated to remove the pop color within it. The shade is almost the same, but the texture is improved and it is a bit darker.
Gorgeous color, intense.

Harpy - metallic pinkish purple color.
It's hard to tell in the pic, but it really is a much more metallic finish than the ones on either side of it.


Faithless - pinkish purple blend that has red and violet shimmer.
My favorite of the purples I ordered. Great purple shade, love the red/violet shimmer.

Dwarf Star - light purple with blue, pink, and white shimmer.
Much less "berry" looking than the others, this could work well in a purple or cornflower/blue look.

I hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. You are getting so good at swatches. That takes time and patience which I dont have.....I really love the purples!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I see swatches posted on other blogs and am always envious. I always question my own, but do the best I can. Once September rolls around & Ian's in school full day I'll have more time to work on them & improve!

    ReplyDelete