Monday, February 28, 2011

Sugarpill swatches

Sugarpill swatches! Poison Plum (on the far left) is a pressed shadow, the rest are loose shadows. It's raining out - thunderstorm - so no outside pics. I also received a sample of Tipsy but didn't swatch it, I gave it to a green-loving friend. All of these are swatched over a thin layer of Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sugarpill's color descriptions in italics, my thoughts after.


Poison Plum -Dramatic purple with a semi-pearly sheen. This is a really intense color, absolutely gorgeous. It's rekindling my love for pressed shadows.

Hysteric - Metallic purple with turquoise sparkles and luminous flashes of green. This is my favorite out of all the shades I ordered. It's a great midtone shade, I know I'll get tons of use from it. Yeah, there's green in there, but to me, there's just as much pinky-purple shimmer i there too. That's good, because I don't generally like green in my purple.

Paperdoll - Lovely lavender with dazzling shimmer and sparkle. Really soft and pretty, not as intense shimmer as the metallic Hysteric, but I could easily see using this one a lot!

Birthday Girl - Sweet princess pink with iridescent fuchsia sparkles. My friend's 5 year old daughter wants her bedroom painted this color. Super girly pink, good amount of shimmer.

Decora - Delicious hot pink with iridescent bursts of green. The green isn't overwhelming, it's just enough to give it a watermelon feel on me. This would make a great cheek color too.


Magentric
- Metallic deep magenta with a dazzling turquoise sheen. Gotta love these magenta shades! Gorgeous finish and lotsa sparkle.

Tiara - Brilliant, highly-reflective metallic silver with maximum shock value shine. The micro-fine particles are super tiny, so this looks amazing sprinkled all over as body shimmer too. Perfectly accurate description...I would definitely use this as a body shimmer too!

Stella - The blackest of jet blacks, bursting with rainbow diamond sparkle. And how could I not love this one? Super dark black base with multi sparkle. This one would be incredible patted over Pixie Epoxy. My swatch really doesn't do it justice.

I think I'll order a few more pressed shadows next order. Love+ (red), Dollipop (hot pink), Bulletproof (black), and Tako (white) all look good.

Hope you've found these swatches helpful. Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Yay! I KNEW you would love Poison Plum. Sugarpill did the same for me, with rekindling my love <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great shade. But I want to keep my pressed shadows to a minimum. Wait, I wonder if it'll fit in the sample binder? :0

    ReplyDelete