Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fyrinnae Lip Lustre - 11 swatches


I received my Fyrinnae order on Friday. I ordered 11 lip lustres, a new Pixie Epoxy, full sizes of Immortality and Dinosaur Plushie, and received a free sample of Moon Child (another of my faves!). Yet again, I didn't get home early enough to do daytime swatches, and I know my weekend will be swamped.

Wrapped in adorable tissue paper! My last order arrived with the same paper, but I forgot to take a picture of it.  (note original photo of my order is lost, thankfully the swatches are still here!)


Indoors with flash, click to enlarge.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sorry for the shadow in the last pic. Will try to redo this week.

I took pics with similar shades together - but between my indoor pics with the flash and my iffy picture taking, the pictures didn't clearly show differences in the shades. There are differences - you can see them in person when they're swatched side by side. I felt it would be an injustice to Fyrinnae - didn't want people to look at my pics and end up NOT ordering a shade because they thought shades were the same.

I am going to begin the hunt for a new camera. I usually buy a new one every 2 years or so. I don't buy expensive ones, and always pass my old ones to family members. A camera buff friend let me borrow one of his last year, but it was just too complicated for me. When I look at his pics, I'm amazed at how crisp and clear they are compared to mine. So it's time I learned how the hell to work a camera! It may take a while before I buy one, but it is in the works.

Meanwhile, hope these swatches help. Really though, you all need to buy all the lip lustres. They're all fantastic.

5 comments:

  1. I love receiving packages from Fyrinnae - the tissue paper is so cute and it is always a treat to find a free sample! Thank you for the swatches - I have added Type A to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloodstains is very appropriately named, and Type A has a fantastic metallic-like shimmer to it. I hope you both love them!

    I should mention I do my lippy swatches on my arm simply because pigmentation on lips can vary widely, so they may look quite different from person to person. Plus doing them on my arm makes it easy to do several at once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of them. Very pretty and I think your swatches always look great...You do a fantastic job...

    ReplyDelete