Saturday, November 20, 2010

Illamasqua Cream Foundation CF110 and CF115 Swatches

I've had a few requests to show swatches of Illamasqua's cream foundation. This will sound kinda silly, but I'm not exactly sure what's the best way to go about it, since the foundation matches my skin really well, and doesn't stand out in a photo!! If it was liquid, I'd put a little blob on my arm, but that really isn't gonna work with cream.

Here's a pic of the two shades I bought, on the left is the CF110 and on the right is the CF115. CF110 is "white with pink undertones" and CF115 is "very light skin with neutral undertones."





I put a pretty heavy swatch on my arm using the foam applicator, took a few pics, and realized it would be tough to see where the foundation was. I grabbed a jumbo black liner and drew a box around each shade to help you see where it is.

I put the swatches in the opposite order on my skin, sorry for any confusion. The CF115 is on the left, CF110 on the right.

Inside (can't remember if the flash went off, sorry!)



Outside, no flash



I really can get away with either shade. The CF115 leaves me with a slight beige tinge to my face, but it's not enough to make me crazy, especially since most foundations don't come close to matching. The CF110 really disappears right into my skin, and looks like I have no makeup on at all. If you want more info, my review is here. I find myself using the cream foundation more than the liquid since my original review. It took a little practice, but now I find it easier to swoosh on the cream!

I do use the CF115 to help minimize redness around my cheeks. Sometimes I'll apply a smidgen of that first, then go over my whole face with the CF110, other times I'll do my whole face with the CF110 and just dab a little CF115 on the red areas. No real rhyme or reason, just whatever I feel like doing that day.

Hope these pics are helpful to those of you who asked for them!!

5 comments:

  1. C115 looks like it might work on me, yay! It's awesome that both will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that they are actually producing stuff for pale people too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful that you found something that virtually disappears into your own skintone. That's rare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I just wanted to write a comment to thank you so much for posting about the Illamasqua foundations! I got samples of their lightest foundations a while back and a sample of the 105 Rich Liquid foundation for mixing in. I put them aside pretty quickly since none of the undertones worked. I'd swatched the 105 on the back of my hand and dismissed it straight away, especially since it has pink undertones and I'm more yellow.

    However, after reading your post about how it blended in well for you I decided to try it on and I'm so glad I did! It just blends right in - I've no idea how, it just does. I love being pale and now I can stay that way! It's maybe not as perfect for me as it is for you since, as I said, I have slight yellow undertones but finishing with the Aromaleigh 1Y/GX mix I made from the remnants of my sample bags should counteract the pinkness. I'm so excited- I was practically jumping for joy! It just made my day so I thought I would let you know. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tague_gill, I'm glad it's working for you! It's always nice to hear a tip was helpful.

    ReplyDelete